How to Register for Access Youth Academy Summer Camps:
- Visit http://levelupsandiego.org/
- Search “Access Youth Academy”
- Select the Access Youth Academy Camp you wish to attend
- Parent/guardians fill out the interest form, you will then be emailed the link to fill out the AYA registration form.
- After submitting the AYA registration form, wait for an email confirmation from AYA staff.
*You must be a SDUSD student to register on the LevelUp website. If you are NOT a SDUSD student, you can STILL PARTICIPATE! Please contact Shelby@AccessYouthAcademy.org to register.*
Week 1: Career & College Exploration Camp
- June 21-25 (Monday - Friday) 1:00-4:00pm
- Ages 13-18
- Do you want to go to college? Do you have questions about the path to get there? Not sure what career path you want to take? Join a week-long camp that dives into all things college! Students will learn about the application process, take virtual tours of college campuses, and hear from current college students! This week is also career-focused, where students will take career assessments, explore various career paths, and hear from professionals who work in the STEAM fields!
Week 2: Cultural Exploration Camp
- June 28 - July 2 (Monday - Friday) 1:00-4:00pm
- Ages 13-18
- Did you know there are over 50 languages spoken in San Diego?! We live in a city that is vibrant and bursting with different cultures! Join our week-long camp that explores and celebrates the many cultures of San Diegans! Students will gain an understanding and appreciation of the different cultures that are found in San Diego. Students will be immersed in the music, traditions, food that make cultures unique. Students will also be invited to share about their own cultures! Students will explore the role of culture in their lives and in their community. We will end the week with Futuristic Friday, where students participate in health & wellness activities that benefit their future selves!
Week 3: Environmental Awareness Camp
- July 6-9 (4 days) (Tuesday - Friday) 1:00-4:00pm
- Ages 13-18
- We regularly hear about climate change, but what does it mean? Why is the earth warming at such an alarming rate? What are the driving forces behind our changing climate? How can we help stop it? Attend a week at Access Youth Academy’s Environmental Awareness Camp to learn the answers to these questions and more! Students will experience a hands-on approach to learning about climate change through activities and simulations that explain our warming planet. Students will learn from experts in the field, enhance their STEM knowledge, and design solutions to combat climate change. We will end the week with Fascinating Friday, where students honor and celebrate the many wonders of the natural world!
- Week 1: June 21-25 (1:00-4:00pm)
- Week 2: June 28 - July 2 (1:00-4:00pm)
- Week 3: July 6-9 (4 days) (1:00-4:00pm)
- Ages 13-17
- Have you ever heard of squash? No, not the vegetable! The sport! Squash is a racket and ball sport played by two players in a four-walled court with a small, hollow rubber ball. There are about 20 million people who play squash regularly worldwide in over 185 countries. Squash is a fun and challenging contest of agility, strategy, talent, and mental and physical strength. It is an incredibly beneficial game for health and fitness and has been voted the number one healthiest sport by Forbes Magazine. Along with its health benefits, squash can be played year-round, in all kinds of weather, and by players of any skill level – making it a sport for everyone to love! Attend one, two, or all three weeks of our squash camp and learn from top-rated squash coaches, make new friends, and have some fun this summer! No prior racket sport experience is needed! All students welcome!